Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
- 1: Sri Devi says: O Deva, I have heard in detail all that has been revealed through the union of Rudra and his shakti or what has emerged from the Rudrayamala Tantra. I have also understood Trika, or the three divisions of Shakti, which forms the quintessence of all knowledge.
- 2: O Supreme Lord, in spite of everything that I have heard, even today my doubts are not dispelled. What is your reality, O Divine One? Are you the power or energy contained in sound from which all the mantras have originated?
- 3: Can your reality be perceived through the nine different ways by which onecanenterthe realm of higher consciousness, as enumerated in Bhairava Agama? Is it different from the procedure in Trishira Bhairava Tantra? Or can it be perceived through knowledge ofthe triple forms of shakti, ie. para, parapara andapara? Theseare my doubts, O Bhairava!
- 4: Is it nada and bindu or can it be known by concentrating on the ascending psychic centres or the unstruck sound which emanates without any vibration? Or is it the form of the obstructing half moon or else is it the form of shakti?
- 5: Is your reality transcendent and immanent or is it completely immanent or completely transcendental? If it is immanent then the very nature of transcendence is contradicted.