Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
- 56: One should meditate step by step on the entire universe and the course of its development through time and space as being gradually dissolved from the gross state into the subtle and from the subtle state into the supreme state, till finally one's mind is dissolved in pure consciousness (Cinmatra).
- 57: If one meditates on the Saiva tattva which is the quintessence of this entire universe on all sides and to its last limits by the technique of sadadhva he will experience great awakening.
- 58: O Great Goddess, the yogi should concentrate intensely on the idea that this universe is totally void. In that void, his mind would become absorbed. Then he becomes highly qualified for absorption i.e. his mind is absorbed in sunyatisunya, the absolute void i.e. Siva.
- 59: One should fix his sight on the empty space inside the pot, leaving aside the enclosing structure. Once his mind get absorbed in the empty space inside the pot, he should imagine that his mind is absorbed in a total void. He will then realize his identification with the Supreme.
- 60: One should fix his gaze on a treeless place, like bare mountains or rocks, where there is no support for the mind to dwell on. Then the modifications of the mind become less and the experience of dissolution takes place.