Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
- 141: O Goddess, the Aspirant (who has become efficient in anyone of the above dharanas) gains freedom from old age and mortality, and becomes endowed with anima and other powers. He becomes the darling of the yoginis and master of all siddhas.
- 142: He is liberated even while living, and carrying on all the activities (of life), he is not affected by them.The Goddess said, O Great Lord, if this is the nature of the supreme reality,
- 143: Then in the admittedly established rules of spiritual life, who would be invoked in recitation and what will be the recitation? Who, O Great Lord, would be meditated on, who would be worshipped, who is to be gratified?
- 144: (Devi continues), To whom is oblation to be offered? For whom is sacrifice to be performed ? And how is it to be accomplished? Sri Bhairava said, O gazelle-eyed one, this practise is exterior and pertains only to gross forms.
- 145: That creative contemplation which is practised on the highest Reality over and over again is the japa or recitation in reality. That which goes on sounding spontaneously (inside) in the form of a mantra (mystic formula) is what the japa is about.